Asphalt is the material used to pave roads, driveways, highways and airports. It is composed of rock, sand, and aggregates. The asphalt operations portion of Tilcon is responsible for combining the virgin stone that comes from the quarry and the mixture of material heated up in the form of liquid asphalt delivered from tanker trucks to produce asphalt that is ready to be surfaced as pavement where needed.
Opportunities in Asphalt:
• Operates the front loader in order to pick up the stone needed and drops them into the necessary bins above the conveyor belt.
• Qualifications: Must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license.
Control Room Operator
• Operates the asphalt plant by controlling the conveyor belts and the mixing drum as well as loading the dump trucks from the silos, a structure used for storing bulk materials.
• Qualifications: Must be 18 years or older.
• Responsible for all operations on the ground including: operating the skid steer in order to complete various tasks, organizing the deliveries of liquid asphalt, keeping the plant clean and safe, and performing projects in order to accommodate issues.
• Qualifications: Must be 18 years or older with a valid driver’s license. If operating crane, a crane license is needed.